Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Scene 1:

11: 15 am – Canteen

“Yaar! How do we finish the presentation by this Friday? We have midterm tests coming up next week” sulked Salma.

“Hmmm...” I said absentmindedly.

“… and all those submissions to be submitted next week. What are we gonna do!”

“Hmmm…” Where the hell is he?

“Sangeetha, How many assignments have you completed in IE?” “Bhaiya 2 chai.”

“Hmm…”

“SANGEETHA!”

“Yes??”

“How many assignments in IE have you completed?”

“Arre, maybe 2-3” Abbe kidhar mar gaya?

She thrust a cup in my hand and we sat down.

“There are 12 in all and you have to submit next week. What do you do at home? Abbe waste! What are you doing?” I had spilt the entire tea on myself and Salma. “Oho!” She said giving her favorite smug look.

“Hi!” he said cheerfully.

“Hey!” I managed. OMG I forgot to brush my hair… and what a mess I am looking…

“You forgot that we drink with our mouths or are you trying to feed your shirt?” he teased.

“Huh?” I said. How can someone manage to be so stupid? What would I not give to be invisible now?

“Cya!” He said and left. Good God he’s leaving so soon. Why couldn’t I have said anything witty?

Scene 2:

1: 30 pm – Grounds

“Sang, you are coming up great. If everyone plays the same way in the game, we are winning gold.”

“Thanks Pari!”

“Chalo then, let’s continue. Try and concentrate on the game” she added nodding smugly towards me.

Oh No! What is he doing here? Boys hostel… so naturally he’s allowed. God pleaselet me play this one good. Please… please…

“Yeah bowled!” shouted Shalini. Noooo

“Hi!” he called out. “That’s okay! Everyone’s gonna be the same re” he laughed and walked off.

Scene 3:

4: 15 pm – Library

“Come on… I’ll miss my 4:47 Kalyan.” began Remya.

“Yeah Okay! Gimme a minute.” I said. “How many times have I told you bus train and…”

“Hi! You leaving?” yeh and library mein? abhi aana tha isko bhi.

“No.” Remya said quickly. “We are going to have drink. Have to sit till 8 and complete all the assignments today. You’re staying too right?” Love You Remya…

“No.” he said. “I never study in the library. Just came to ask for a book. If I rush I’ll hopefully get the 4:47 Kalyan. Cya later.”

2 comments:

ScrewLoose said...

Excellent post!

electricstorm said...

arre yeh merko bahut sahi lagta hai! :D .. expecially scene 3 .. n usme especially the Love you remya wala comment.. timing!